Family Related Immigration Topics

Other Individual Immigration Topics


A B-1 visa is for temporary visitors who wish to engage in business activities, but not productive work, while in the U.S. A B-2 visa is for temporary visitors who…read on

Spouse of U.S. Citizen

A person married to a U.S. citizen may pursue permanent residence through that family relationship. The case will always involve at least two phases: one for the U.S. citizen spouse…read on


The F-1 Visa category is an option for an academic student who will enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school,…read on

I-130 Family Petition

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can request immigration for certain family members. There are other categories of family-based immigration aside from the spouses of U.S. citizens. Congress has decided…read on


People who are already permanent residents can apply for U.S. citizenship through naturalization once they have been present in the U.S. as permanent residents for long enough and show good…read on

Exedited Naturalization

Normally, the spouse of a U.S. citizen must live in the U.S. as a permanent resident for at least three years before applying for naturalization. This can pose a major…read on