Doris Palomino is a Bilingual Legal Assistant at Saev Hernandez Immigration Practice, PLLC. She has a background in project management for educational and nonprofit organizations in Peru and the USA. Doris came to Nashville in 2008 as a Fulbright scholar to attend graduate school. Following a two-year return to Peru, Doris and her husband personally experienced the immigration system and she became a permanent resident in 2015.
Doris is an active member of the community with particular interest in immigration issues. She worked for Conexión Americas as a Family Resource Center Coordinator helping immigrant families who were not fluent in English and who struggled to understand how the public educational system works. She is a member of the Immigrant Women’s Committee of the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition (TIRRC) and she has volunteered with Casa de la Cultura Latino Americana (Latin American House of Culture).
- M.Ed. in Organizational Leadership, 2010 from Vanderbilt University Peabody College, LASPAU-Fulbright Scholar
- B.A. in Psychology, 1998 from Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
- Association of Latino Professionals for America, Nashville Chapter
- Middle Tennessee Society of Human Resources
- Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition, Immigrant Women’s
Languages: English, Spanish, French